Time for another round of sneak peek cards. This one featuring rubber from the Summer Blooms and My Hope stamp sets...
Summer Blooms is a full-sheet set of contemporary style 'blooms' in a variety of sizes, two 'flower girls', a realistic lady bug, some 'grass', and a few sayings. Lots of possibilities!
This card showcases the set's largest bloom and one of the flower girls. The girl's outfit is paper pieced using the same print as was used with the flowers. 'Lady bug spots' were used to embellish the flower centers.
The flower on card #2 is a 'DK' image (designed by Dina Kowal)... While 'daisy' immediately comes to mind, it could also be colored to suggest a black-eyed Susan, or coneflower. I used spotted print, and created a 'fantasy' flower. Three fairly thick applications of dimensional glaze makes the center 'dome' outward. The 'thank you trio' is one of the set's word stamps...
Here's the 'thank you trio' again, stamped end to end, in a row... It has been paired with another 'fantasy' bloom. The black strip of cardstock was punched along both long sides using a Martha Stewart edger.
Also included in Summer Blooms is this very basic 6-petal flower. Great for creating modern-looking backgrounds, but actually designed to make 3-D rosettes. Having seen something similar used with grunge board in a publication from the UK, I wanted to design a smART version which could be used on cardstock. Of course, I also plan to try it with grunge board, but for now my focus is cardstock, and/or heavyweight prints. A basic tutorial on how it works follows...
Please note: Tutorial stamping was done in black for contrast -- Normally I'd have used an ink to match the paper... Also, if no outline at all were desired, one could stamp in VersaMark, or a very light color of ink on the 'wrong' side of the paper. The paper used in the tutorial is double-sided.
My Hope is a half-sheet set with five ministry-based verses/sayings focusing on the Christian's hopeful expectation, a lovely vintage butterfly, and some pussy willow-like 'twigs'.
The second, My Hope, card shows off the vintage butterfly over an alcohol inked background. Except for the 'blue', I tried to simulate the colors of the 'American Painted Lady'. The punched strip is a duplicate of the one on the purple Summer Blooms card, but since the strip wasn't as wide to begin with, the punched pattern 'mingled'.
The only stamping on this final card is found on the center panel. I had planned to provide specific sizing for all sections, then went and cut one panel 'wrong', and had to re-size everything else without measuring. The flower with deco brad center, and the little circle embellishments were all designed using punches by EK Success.
I still have the computer situation to contend with, and am also scheduled to take some classes this week, so unless the new rubber arrives, I will not be posting again until the 23rd.
See you then,